Monday, July 7, 2014

Maybelline Colorama Blush, no. 201 - Review And Swatch

 This blush is perfect for you - if you're a 3 year old little girl going to a Disney-princess themed party. Ugh!

Type of product: Powder blush, light pink, shimmery
Product name: Maybelline COLORAMA Blush, no.201
Price: around 20 kn
Rating: 1/10
Would I repurchase: Only if I become senile, and not even then.
My opinion: You know what I do not understand: when people of Maybelline got together, and needed to decide which shades to feature in this range, they must have had a ton of options. How the hell this product made it to the top 6, I will never understand (seriously, look at the swatches below). The blush is a cold-undertone pink ('the satin-dress of a tacky princess' kind of pink). I do not care for the shade at all. It has a metallic-shimmery quality to it, so it's always reflecting light. It has very tiny glitter particles that are visible in the sun and in the shade. The texture is smooth, but very dusty. Pigmentation is good, which is bad, because as soon as you put it on, you want to take it off, (it looks horrible LOL). I can't do anything with this color. It doesn't even give you a nice dewy-finish. It just look infantile. Like a glitter-bomb. Honestly, I think only 3 year old little girls can pull this off. You can't use it as a highlighter either, because it's pink. If someone out there is in love with this product, comment below and tell me what you like, because I just can't see it. The positive side is that the packaging is safety-sealed. However, these blushes are not very sturdy, if they fall, they will crack FOR SURE.
This product is for you if: If you can't read.
You should avoid this product if: If you have common sense and are a grown ass woman.
Links: So, I won this blush on Taya's blog, and am very happy I won, even though I ended up not liking this product. Taya is awesome, check her out HERE.
I have reviewed one more Maybelline blush, no. 501, and I love it, review is HERE.
Do you like subtle or any kind of glitter in blushes? I do not enjoy it, I have oily skin, and avoid any glittery/sparkly face products. I'm shining most of the times anyways! I hope you all are having a lot of fun, don't forget to follow me on facebook, twitter (for all my ramblings) and on GFC and Bloglovin (all the links on the right side).


love, Jelena


17 comments:

  1. Ahahahahahaha :D Cijelo vrijeme sam se smijala dok sam čitala recenziju. :D
    Ne smeta mi shimmer u rumenilima dok god je on kvalitetno uklopljen i decentan. Ovo si baš dobro opisala, i definitivno se niti meni ne sviđa mada sam pomislila kako bi se mogao koristiti kao highlighter ali onda si rekla da niti za ne valja... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trudim se biti smiješna, čemu život bez zabave? ;) Drugo Maybelline rumenilo (ovo 501.) ima shimmer, ali tako decentan da sam ja nosila to rumenilo tjedan dana dok uopće nisam skužila da ima shimmer. Ali ovo 201 mi nikako ne odgovara. Doslovno izgledam kao da sam stavila neko rozo sjenilo na obraze. Oni inače među rumenilima imaju jedno potpuno bijelo ''rumenilo'', to bi trebalo biti highlighter. Uglavnom, stoji tamo s rumenilima. Jadne žene koje nisu čule za highlightere, hodaju po dm-u, nalete na bijelo rumenilo i onda se pitaju ''jel se to sad nosi?'' LOL

      Delete
  2. I don't like the shade, because I hate pink blushes, especially cool toned ones. I have two other shades and both are shimmery from Maybelline and I really like them. One has small golden shimmer and it's peach. I do admit that the other one more beige has bigger shimmer and looks a bit disturbing in the bright sun. But I know, I'll be using the heck out of it in the winter, since I am obsessed with highlighter and those are some highlighting blushers:) But I totally understand your review and found it very funny:) The shade does really remind me of a princess dress, haha:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also adore my Maybelline 501, but this one is just not for me at all. Glad you like my funny review. :) Peachy blush shades look great on you. As for me, I try to avoid shimmer because I just don't think it's the right way to go for me, since I have very oily skin. I love to see a little shimmer on someone with dry flawless skin though....

      Delete
  3. I don't like this blush either, lol. I gave it away because I got one extra, otherwise I probably would never buy it for giveaway. But the same as you I adore 501. Great review, it was funny to read it and thanks for mention me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can give this other one away as well, if you know any 3 year old girls LOL....Glad to mention you! ;)

      Delete
  4. meni se svidja boja, al glitter, ne znam ponekad da ponekad ne, ovisi i u kakvom stanju mi je koza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja ne vjerujem tvojim swatchevima, tebi svako rumenilo sjajno stoji ;) a o ruževima da ne pričam hehe...sretnice!

      Delete
    2. :O al ja se trudim da budu sto vjerniji :) ne stoji mi sve, samo se trudim unaprijed odabrat samo ono sto bi mi trebalo pristajat :)

      Delete
    3. znam ;) doduse moram probat ovo da vidim jel tragedija i na meni :)

      Delete
    4. pripremi svoju princeza-haljinicu i čarobni štapić LOL ;) da bude outfit potpun ;)

      Delete
    5. hahaha XD nisam ponijela princeza haljinicu, al mozda ce mi se slagat uz kupaci :D

      Delete
  5. Urnebesna si :D
    Nisam nikada probala Maybelline rumenila !

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala! evo, niti ja ne bi probala da mi ih Tatjana nije poslala...jedno super, jedno ne. vidjela sam ih u dućanu, ali jednostavno me nisu privlačila...

      Delete
  6. the satin-dress of a tacky princess' kind of pink - ahahahahaha zakon opis XD
    meni se sviđa nijansa (koliko ju tu mogu vidjeti) no ako je baš tako pink i tako sjajno onda no thanks :D
    recenzija je za 10 XD hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hvala, trudila sam se dočarati ugođaj ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...