Monday, February 10, 2014

Essence Oil Control Make-Up Base - It Works !

If you don't like reading long posts, let me tell you quickly - it works!  There is no bad advertising here - this product delivers every single thing it promises. This is a brand new product by Essence, from their 'All About Matt!' line - an oil control make-up base. The packaging is good; surprisingly tiny, but that's OK because you only need a tiny amount of product. The product is not tinted, I can feel no scent or smell to it. I apply a thin layer, and it settles in my skin in about 15 seconds and gives me an amazing canvas to work with. I payed 29 kn for it (about 4 euros). Let me explain something about my skin: I have oily skin. But not just oily - crazy oily. I get shiny very soon, and no amount of blotting products can help me (I did not win the genetics lottery). And whenever I'd see a product that is supposed to keep your skin matte, I'd buy it thinking that it has to work - and it never would. I would say to myself that my skin is just too damn oily and no product can help me. WELL, I WAS WRONG. I've been testing this amazing product for a few days, and it's spectacular. It makes my skin look matte (no greasy shine), and it lasts for hours. When I touch my face after wearing this for 4-6 hours, my hand just glides over my face, it doesn't stick to it (I've never had this happen, literally). In short - it's done wonders for me. And my skin is as oily as they get. So it must work for you. Buy it, try it, and let me know about your experiences.  I am wearing this alone when I am not doing much, but it works really well underneath foundation. It just really does what it says - makes my face matte for a longer period of time (almost unheard of for me), and it makes my skin smooth. This has made it to my favorites list, and I've had it for a few days. I might write about it again in a month or so to let you know what my impressions are after using it for a longer time, but now I know that there are products out there that work. In the future, when I buy a product that says ''matte, for oily skin, etc.'', and if they do not work, I will no longer be blaming my skin. I know now - there are products that can do wonders for oily skin. And they do not cost a fortune.
This is a life-saver. If you have oily skin, get it, and you will never look at another make-up base the same. I know some people with dry or normal skin may not think much of this product. Or people who have a skin type that's a little oily, maybe other products work for them, so they will not think this a big deal. I've been there. I've tried them all - and nothing made me a feel not even a little bit matte. Until now. And it's so affordable. Other brands probably don't care about oily-skinned people. Thank you essence, you guys rule! ;)
*List of ingredients (found it on the essence website, because they are not listed on the product): AQUA (WATER), ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPANEDIOL, SORBITOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PVP, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, ENANTIA CHLORANTHA BARK EXTRACT, OLEANOLIC ACID, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL

16 comments:

  1. Zvuci odlicno, meni je koza na dane kao da sam uronila glavu u posudu sa uljem, a ponekad se sva lista od suhoce, pa dobar primer uvijek dobro dodje :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. savršeno si me opisala...tako ja izgledam sva sjajna lol...i meni se peruta čim ostanem malo na hladnoći a ne stavim šal...moja koža je zapravo kombinacija svih mana drugih tipova kože LOL

      Delete
    2. joj imam i ja takvih dana :D ali perutanje mi je cak gore nego kad mi je koza masna, no opet, koza mi nije masna svaki dan pa nisam za suditi :D mene ustvari najvise muce potkozne na podrucju brade - 1 cokolada 1 potkozna. puno cokolada pono potkoznih haha

      Delete
  2. MUST BUY
    od svih primera koje sam probala nijedan nije dobar u kontroliranju masnoće, samo u minimiziranju pora, a imam UŽASNO masnu t zonu, mješovitu kožu koja je zapravo suha svugdje osim na t zoni. moram ovo probati :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. baš me zanima kakav će biti isti ovaj proizvod, samo od sestrinske firme -od Catricea - njihov još nije izašao van jer su imali problema sa proizvodnjom pa kasni....nadam se da je dobar kao i ovaj <3

      Delete
  3. nemoj zezat, ovo moram probat... nos mi je tako mastan da se zasjaji nakon pola sata :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj da je meni samo nos ne bi imala problema...haha sretnice ;)

      Delete
  4. Isti problem ovde! Hvala sto si dojavila ovu vest sapatnicama :)
    Pored toga sto je masna, koza mi je i osetljiva, zato pazim na sastojke proizvoda, kojih nema na pakovanju ove baze? Malo sam zbunjena, da li baza dolazi u kutiji? Koji puder koristis inace? Hvala na odg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baza dolazi bez kutije - I ja sam tražila popis sastojaka, ali nema ga na pakiranju - premalen je pa nije stalo. Našla sam ih zato na internetu (ja nemam osjetljivu kožu pa meni nije problem): AQUA (WATER), ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PROPANEDIOL, SORBITOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PVP, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, ENANTIA CHLORANTHA BARK EXTRACT, OLEANOLIC ACID, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL.
      Inače koristim Revlonov Colorstay.

      Delete
  5. Nisam primjetila da je stigao još ali pod hitno kupujem čim ga moje oko zapazi :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ja uživam u njemu, fenomenalan mi je. nekima ne odgovara, ali svatko ima svoje. za mene je savršen ;)

      Delete
  6. Does it refine your pores so your skin looks poreless after you've applied your foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does shrink them and make them smaller, however, it does not erase them completely. When I apply this product, it takes a minute to settle, and then you feel like you have a soft velvet filter over your face, so it evens out the texture of my skin and makes everything smooth. I'd say it helps makes pores smaller, but only a little. I notice a huge difference when it comes to the shine, though. I'd say my pores are not as visible or as deep as what some people have, so I can't say what it would do to deeper, more visible pores, since mine are very delicate. However, there are testers available at the store, so I recommend going to the store without make up on, and place this product on a small part of your face - you'll be able to see if it's for you or not. ;)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi may I know where to buy that make up here in Philippines? I really want to buy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can ask them here, at the Essence cosmetics Philippines facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/essence.philippines

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...